Thursday, March 30, 2017

Fly Away With Me - YNS Color Challenge #60


Well, this just so happens to be my first blog post! I started this blog several years ago before I had kids when I had so much more time on my hands to make cards and other projects.  I didn't get very far with it (only one post!), so I decided to start fresh once again. This blog certainly won't be updated on a daily basis , maybe not even weekly right now, but I am going to post my creations as they come.  Ah, the life of a working mom with preschoolers!  I am fortunate to only work part-time and get to spend more than just the weekends with my little ones.  I am also thankful that they are now old enough that I can enjoy my passion of card-making and stamping in little chunks of time once again.  They even join me sometimes making creations of their own!

I made this card for Your Next Stamp's Color Challenge #60.  I love these spring-y colors!



Not only is this my first blog post, but believe it or not, it's also my first time submitting a card for a challenge/contest of any sort.  So I'm doubly excited!

I started by cutting my white card base which is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".  Next, I stamped the clouds and stars (Mama Elephant stamp & die set-Over the Rainbow) at the top of my card base in Stampin' Up Basic Black ink.  I then traced over those images with my Sakura Gelly Roll Stardust pen to add some shimmer and soften the black a little.  I added some light sponging around the clouds and stars using Stampin' Up Cool Caribbean ink.  Next, I adhered my pattern paper, green, and blue cardstock panels to the card.  I stamped the "fly away with me" sentiment (Papertrey Ink-Up, Up & Away) using my Kaleidacolor ink pad in Blue Breeze.  Lastly, I stamped and diecut the unicorn (Mama Elephant stamp & die set-Over the Rainbow) in SU Basic Black and colored the image using Copic markers.  The unicorn is popped up with adhesive foam squares.  I finished the card with iridescent sequins (Target $1 Spot) adhered with glue dots.

Thanks for looking!

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Mermaid to be Awesome

Today's card is one that I created for my sister who has been a little down lately.  I decided a surprise encouragement card (with me...