Thursday, April 13, 2017

Your Next Stamp Color Challenge #61

Monster-ous Birthday Wishes

Here is my card for Your Next Stamp's Color Challenge #61!  I've been feeling like I'm on a roll lately.  My creativity has been flowing, and I've been having so much fun designing new cards.  I guess it's a build up from taking a 5 year break after having my babies.

I recently bought the YNS Silly Monsters stamp set and knew it would be the perfect set to use for this color challenge.  I was even more excited about this card when I remembered that I had the Cuttlebug Mini Monsters embossing folder!  After I embossed the white panel with the monster border, I stippled yellow ink in the center.  Next, I stamped various circle images in gray ink (although it pictured more green than gray here) to create a little background for the monster.  Then, I stamped the sentiment in black and traced over it with a Gelly Roll metallic green pen.

For the cute little monster, I colored him with colored pencils and used the Gamsol Magic technique.  Then I fussy cut him out and popped him up with foam squares.

And here's the color challenge:


Supplies Used:
YNS Silly Monsters stamp set
Inkadinkado Circle & Dots stamp set
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Stampin' Up Summer Sun ink
Stampin' Up Going Gray ink
Cuttlebug Mini Monsters embossing folder
Stampin' Up Yoyo Yellow cardstock
white cardstock
Gelly Roll metallic green pen
foam adhesive squares
colored pencils
Gamsol & blending stumps
Recollections faux pearls (green)
clear/silver bubbles
silver faux brads

Katie


1 comment:

  1. Another cutie, what a great embossing folder to pair this stamp up with. Thanks again for joining in the challenge at YNS!

    ReplyDelete

You Mermaid to be Awesome

Today's card is one that I created for my sister who has been a little down lately.  I decided a surprise encouragement card (with me...