Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Watercolor Night Sky



Yesterday I played around with watercolors joining in on the fun with My Favorite Things Camp Create.  I used shimmery watercolors to create a night sky background for this Father's Day card. I painted streaks of different shades of blue, green, and purple, then added some black in various spots and then lightly washed over the entire card with black.  Then I painted over each color again to pull a little more of the color through the black.  To me, it gave the effect of the moon shining over the lake.

After the watercolors dried, I stamped my images in black, then colored in the bears with colored pencil and traced over the outlines with black colored pencil to make the images pop a little more. Added some gold Stickles to the stamped stars and a few shiny adhesive stars.  Then finished it off with black sparkly chipboard letters and attached it to a black cardstock base.  I am happy with how it turned out!


I'm also entering this in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge this week: Touchy Feely.
Supplies Used:
Lawn Fawn Dad + Me stamp set
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Stickles in gold
colored pencils
Niji Pearlescent Watercolors
sparkly black chipboard adhesive letters (from my stash)
silver adhesive stars (from my stash)
Stampin' Up basic black cardstock
Strathmore Watercolor cold press paper


Thanks for looking!
Katie


1 comment:

  1. This card is so sweet and cute! I'm sure it would make any dad melt in their own shoes! So so so adorable!
    Thank you for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, we all hope to see you again next week!
    x Zoey

    ReplyDelete

You Mermaid to be Awesome

Today's card is one that I created for my sister who has been a little down lately.  I decided a surprise encouragement card (with me...